Nourishing the Rivers of Energy:
Yin Yoga Training
Module One: April 27-29, 2018
Module Two: May 4-6, 2018
*Scroll down the "Workshops" page to
Nourishing the Rivers of Energy to Register
All Modules will be held at Square One Yoga in El Cerrito, CA
20 Hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Available upon completion of all training hours for each module.
The Art of Yin Yoga
Yin yoga is a slow, yet powerful practice that targets the yin tissues of the body (fascia, bones, ligaments & joints), and supports overall wellness and balance. As an integrative practice, yin naturally lends itself to mindful and meditative states of mind, which can lead to full-bodied awareness and transformation. Sequences are artfully designed to cultivate vitality in the body, stillness in the mind and nourishment for the soul.
The Science of Yin Yoga
The science of yin yoga has foundations in Eastern models of health and wellness, including modern meridian theory and the subtle body. This training offers an integrative approach to working with the mind-body based in Western models of somatic and transpersonal psychology.
The Ritual of Yin Yoga
Rituals are part of everyday life and often include habits of daily living that support structure, nourishment and balance. The ritual of yin yoga offers an intentional container for tuning into the deeper messages of your body. During this training you’ll have the opportunity to practice systematically releasing habitual patterns of stress and tension in the body and cultivate healthier rituals of relating to your mind, body and soul.
During Module ONe, you’ll:
- Discover basic philosophy and anatomy of yin yoga
- Build your understanding of the yin poses
- Learn how to create mindful and nourishing sequences
- Learn basic concepts of yoga psychology and how to support a mindful and integrative yin practice
During Module Two, You'll:
- Deepen your understanding of assisting students in poses
- Discover how to adapt yin yoga for special populations
- Further explore the tenets of ritu and yoga psychology for creating transformational classes
- Grow personally and professionally through developing your voice as a yin yoga teacher
- Receive a Certificate of Completion for CEU credits.