What I offer: My coaching is an integrative approach to living a modern life that is grounded in ancient yogic wisdom and authentic living. Weaving the wisdom technologies of tantra yoga with the western approach of psychology and leadership development I provide a unique roadmap that helps modern yogis alchemize their challenges into their greatest gifts.
My weekly yoga classes, workshops and retreats are healing, at times challenging, and infused with the intention to support you in healing from the inside out.
How I Know What I Know: I've been studying the human mind, psychological development, and behavior for 18 years through the western lens of psychology and practicing yoga for over 13 years. I received my yoga teacher certification in 2013 and have over 500 hours of teacher training. In 2008, I went back to school to receive my PhD in Transpersonal Psychology. While at university for my doctorate, I studied esoteric spiritual traditions, including authentic tantra as practiced in India, transpersonal psychology, transformative education and learning, somatics, and yoga. Simultaneously, I also was experiencing deep personal and professional transformation — the kind that shakes your world up and requires significant life changes to not just get through it, but to thrive through it. As I studied transformation, I was also in the midst of profound change. Having gone through this experience, I have a unique vantage point, depth of experience, and practical knowledge that allows me to address underlying patterns of human psychological and spiritual development with powerful tools for cultivating lasting personal, psychological and spiritual transformation.
Some of my studies...
- PhD in Transpersonal Psychology with specializations in Spiritual Guidance, Women's Spirituality & Education and Research from Sofia University (formerly Institute of Transpersonal Psychology)
- Year-Long Certification course in Focusing with Focusing trainer and therapist Dr. Doralee Grindler Katonah
- Sharanya Mandir (for 9 years & continuing) with Chandra Alexandre
- 100 Hour Yoga Immersion with Kenny Graham
- 200 Hour Joy of Yoga Teacher Training with primary teacher Jennifer Purgh with training in Dharmsala, India with Sanjeev Bhanot & Savira Gupta
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Misako Matsuoka
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training (again!) with Mimi Monicer
- Women's Tantra Yoga Training with Katie Silcox
- Entrepreneurial Leadership Training & Leverage (2 year program) with Sage Lavine